I’m sure I could adapt this to make it with just eggs and without flax seed.
‘Tis the season for everything pumpkin. Why not jump on the bandwagon, right? I stumbled upon this recipe for Pumpkin-Honey Beer Quick Bread from wait for it… Cooking Light. I didn’t know it was possible for a dish with the words “beer” and “bread” to be light, but I’m ready to eat it.
Photo Courtesy of http://www.myrecipes.com
Ingredients (Makes 2 loaves):
- 14.6 ounces all-purpose flour (about 3 1/4 cups)
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/3 cup ground flaxseed
- 2 1/2 cups sugar
- 2/3 cup canola oil
- 2/3 cup honey beer at room temperature (You can use any beer you want)
- 1/2 cup egg substitute
- 2 large eggs
- 1 (15-ounce) can pumpkin
- Cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 350° Fahrenheit.
- Weigh or lightly spoon flour into dry measuring cups; level with a knife.
View original post 119 more words